Amy M. Maestas
Ms. Maestas is licensed to practice law in Colorado and has experience in employment law and civil litigation.
Ms. Maestas represents clients in connection with charges of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in violation of Title VII, the ADA, and ADEA, claims based on the Colorado Wage Claim Act, and claims of wrongful discharge in violation of public policy. She also spends time counseling clients on non-compete agreements, FMLA issues, FLSA compliance, and employment policies, severance agreements, and hiring practices.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Maestas worked at the NFL Players Association in Washington, D.C., managing NFL Sponsors' use of NFL players in advertising and marketing. During law school, which Ms. Maestas attended at night, she worked as an academic advisor at Front Range Community College. Ms. Maestas was a Judicial Fellow to the Honorable Allison Eid of the Colorado Supreme Court.
Ms. Maestas is proud to be the recipient of a 2012 Harry W. Rabb Endowed Scholarship, a 2012 Rocky Mountain Legal Diversity Scholarship, the 2010 Timothy P. Schimberg/Colorado Defense Lawyers Association Diversity Scholarship and a 2010 Viola Vestal Coulter Foundation/Bruce B. Buell Scholarship. Ms. Maestas also earned a Scholastic Excellence Award for the highest grade in Evidence.
Ms. Maestas earned a Master of Science in Sport and Exercise Science (Sport Administration) at the University of Northern Colorado, a Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations at Mesa State College, and earned her Juris Doctorate and a Certificate in Workplace Law at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Memberships: Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity, Colorado Bar Association - Civil Litigation and Employment Law Sections, Denver Bar Association, American Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Retaliation in violation of Title VII
- ADA, and ADEA
- Claims based on the Colorado Wage Claim Act
- Claims of wrongful discharge in violation of public policy
- Colorado, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2014
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado
- Master of Science, Sport Administration - 2002
- Mesa State College, Grand Junction, CO
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Hernandez v. Ray Domenico Farms, Inc., 414 P.3d 700 (Colo. 2018).
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, in 2020, 2021, and 2022